Last year for my birthday, I listed 22 things I learned in 22 years. This year I want to spice things up a bit. The following is a list of 23 things I want to accomplish in my 23rd year. Wish me luck!
- Run in the Dirty Dan Dash
Become responsible enough to own a pet
- Get a tattoo (I’ve been saying this for years)
- Learn to sew
- Read 100 books
Watch my big sister get married
- Bake cakes for friends on their birthdays and accomplishments
- Pay off my last student loan!
Learn how to make chicken fried rice
- Make my own sushi
- Run in a color 5K
- Start writing a book
- 52 Week Money Challenge
Recycle more! Go on a spur of the moment vacation Take a painting class Embrace the Anti-Diet
- Take a dance class
Cook dinner at least once a week
- Make a painting like Mia & her mom in Princess Diaries
Re-read all of the Harry Potter books (gotta keep the kid in me alive somehow)
- Hike to a waterfall in North Carolina
- Become the most positive person I know
There you have it. Some of those are a little corny, some are a little ambitious, and some are practical. I think it’s a good mix for this kid at heart who’s being thrown into the adult world. Happy Friday!