Fancy meeting you here, stranger. It looks like we’ve made it to another year. Another 365 days (364 – I’m a day behind) ahead of us and a blank slate. I spent day 1 sealing grout and unpacking things my boyfriend hasn’t used in 6-8 months, and I’m thankful that he is finally in a place he can call his own (and I’m just a little thankful that I get to help decorate it).
I’ve seen lots of these going around the interwebs and I’m a sucker for a good list, so instead of resolutions I’m going to list 14 things I want to do this year. I know, I know, I did this with my birthday last year, but 14 is a bit more manageable. #givemeabreak
- Invest more time and energy into myself versus material things – this means spending money on a gym instead of Kate Spade bags
- Stick to my budget every month.
- Do 24 random acts of kindness in honor of my 24th birthday.
- Start a Blessings Jar to be opened on New Year’s Eve.
- Dance more.
- Read more books – put that Kindle Paperwhite to good use!
- Have more fun.
- Keep things organized.
- Change the quote on my office chalkboard once a week.
- Do some serious condensing in the amount of clothes, shoes, stuff I own.
- Make my bed every day – let’s be real, a neat bed makes for a happy day.
- Stop using my introvert tendencies as a crutch.
- Stop hiding from cameras.
- Have more adventures!