I think the boyfriend’s West Virginia-ness has rubbed off on me a little bit. The first time I went up to see his family, we were at his dad’s house and he offered me a pepperoni roll. Now I wasn’t hungry at the time, so I declined and used my deductive reasoning skills to figure out that it was bread and pepperoni. Apparently, they are a big deal in West Virginia. Shane told me he didn’t realize they were just a WV thing until he moved out West and couldn’t find them anywhere.
Fast forward a few months and I decided I would attempt to make them one weekend when I was going to Virginia. Well now I can’t stop. They’re so addicting! Seriously, don’t make these. You’ll regret it.
- Bridgford Parkerhouse Style Roll Dough (located in the freezer section)
- Deli sliced pepperoni
- Will power & self control
- Let the roll dough thaw and rise following the instructions on the bag
- Flatten out the balls of dough
- Put a whole slice of pepperoni in the center and roll close
- Bake at 375 for 13 minutes
Per roll; calories 106, carbs 15 g, fat 4 g, protein 3 g, sodium 236 mg, sugars 2 g
For extra spicy goodness, I make half of them with pepperjack cheese.
Oh, and this is Henry when he’s not being disgusting: