Oh, little blog. You’re giving me quite the challenge this year. My last two birthdays, I offered wisdom and challenged myself…however this one kind of snuck up on me. It’s not that I didn’t realize I was about to turn 24, but I just have been swamped with doing this and that. This being finishing up class number 9 of my MBA program and that being preparing for everyone and their brother to visit Raleigh. I apologize, sincerely.
Instead, I’ve decided to make a list (surprise, surprise!) of 24 little things that I love about life.
- Being able to say “There’s nothing I really don’t enjoy about my job” 90% percent of my work days
- Waking up a few hours before my alarm and realizing I get to sleep a little big longer
- Knowing how to get to a destination without looking up directions or using Google Maps
- Going to Target with my mom 🙂
- Having Jasmine curl up in a ball on me and sleep
- Writing notes and letters and cards to people I appreciate and love
- Knowing keyboard shortcuts – seriously, how did I go 22 years without utilizing them?!
- Becoming an emotional ball with legs around holidays – (my money is on me crying at least twice today)
- Going to the gym and soaking up 45 minutes of uninterrupted “me” time
- Waking up to a thunderstorm and lightning
- The overwhelming feeling of joy and sadness every time I drive across the Virginia state line
- Having best friends who can complete my sentences even if we haven’t spent time together in months
- Being known as the “sparkly” one
- The satisfaction of cooking a really good meal
- Opening shipping boxes – even if they only contain textbooks, it’s still like opening a present
- Checking off things on a to-do list
- Planting flowers and enjoying them when they bloom
- Feeling the perfect amount of refreshed after a nap
- Eating a warm peanut butter sandwich – yum!
- Not wearing make-up and being able to rub my eyes
- Bear hugs from Shane ❤
- Earning an A on a paper that caused a huge amount of stress
- A successful trip to the grocery store – complete with grocery list that lists items in according to the layout of the store and saving over $25
- Riding with the car windows down on a Spring day
I do remember saying something about 24 random acts of kindness; however, my planning has been poor (along with my wee-little bank account) so that will have to stay put for now. I did scrub the floors, counters and buy flowers in preparation of the Virginia & West Virginia visitors this weekend. That counts, right?!
I hope your day is happy! 🙂